BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Memorial Day Fun

It was time for my annual trip home for memorial day and it was not short on fun!! It started with a stop at my new favorite cookie shop in Marion IL - One Hot Cookie - They have a cookie called the P.M.S. (Pretty Much Scrumptious)  which is to DIE for! 

Next on the agenda was a return to one of my favorite 80's activities - Roller Skating!  That's right, Carbondale has a new rink in town call Hot Wheels Skatium and they sure made it feel like it was back in the 80's.  My friend Monica and I had to go to take her 4 year old daughter there to learn how to skate.  I was a little apprehensive about skating as it has been say about 15 years or so since I last skated and given I had back surgery about 7 months ago falling seemed a bit more scary than it may have otherwise.  But after a few turns I started to get my "skatinglegs"  back and it was fun.  I didn't quite reach a comfort level with backwards skating but hey there is always next time :-)  Here is a photo of Monica and I sporting a pose in our skating gear (check out the carpet they picked for the rink - it is so totally awesome!)

Next it was off the Longbranch coffeehouse for some yummy vegetarian lunch and a fantastic Cafe Mocha.  I have to say it was one of the best Cafe Mocha's I have ever had!

On Sunday it was time for a family get together to celebrate my birthday and just plain see each other!  We enjoyed an outdoor BBQ and also sang Karaoke. Boy did we sing some Karaoke......we all got a little silly (especially me) with the songs but from what I was told everyone was quite entertained. 
<--- Here I am with my fellow Diva otherwise known as Payton (Monica's daughter)  singing a tune together. 

On Memorial Day Kousin Kelli was kind enough to invite me and some additional family over to the house for  dip in her pool.  It was little stormy now and then but turned out to be a great afternoon to be in the water.  I also got to try my hand at something new - Farming!  Yep Uncle Ed let me take a turn at driving the tractor.  I even got to put the discs down in the ground for some good tilling!  Here is a photo of Farmer Kristal: 

As you can see I came prepared with the proper farming headwear  :-) 

It was another fun and memorable weekend.  Lets hope there is more to come the rest of the summer!


0 comments: