BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, May 9, 2010

All Hail the Moms of the world!

Mother's day. The day we all say thanks to mom.  Lately I have been thinking about motherhood. Not so much for me but more in the sense of "I don't know how you mother's do it!"  I am not a mother (except in the eyes of my cats Felix and Duncan)  and I still often struggle with fitting in all the things that need to get done in life!  My question to all mothers is How the heck do you do it???????  Let's face it, Mom's tend to be the ones who really keep it all together. No offense to the Dad's!  I know many fathers who are fantastic.  But as I have conversations with many women in my life who are mothers they seem to be the ones who are keeping track of the schedule, carting people to and fro,  making sure there is food in the house for all the picky eaters,  getting clothes and supplies everyone needs (sometimes including the husbands!)  making dinner, keeping up with the laundry, getting everyone to the doctor when they need it, etc the list goes on and on and on. 

So I say to the mother's of the world,  I take a bow to you, because this childless individual does not know how you fit so much into one day.  I of course thank my own mother for all her time and love in doing these very things, but I also say to you, mothers I know and those that I don't,  YOU ROCK!


A bit off the subject, but  somewhat mom related:

This morning I had the sliding glass door open in my living room to let in some fresh air.  The screen was closed but sometime back the lock broke.  Now I have some rather smart cats and at times they have figured out how to open screen door (the jump up on it a few times until it slides over a bit each time).  I left the living room for just a few minutes to get something and when I came down the stairs I saw the screen door open just enough for a cat body to get through.  At first I was be a bit frantic, but I was amazed to see not only was one of my cats (Felix) still in the house, he was staring up the stairs at me as if he was waiting for me to come down before he would attempt to go out.  Even more amazing was that Ducan, my black cat, was just outside the screen door staring in at me as if he was waiting for me to come and join him.  He saw me coming and still when I stepped out the door he just meowed as if to say " Its about time mom, lets go!" 

I don't know if they were waiting or me but I have noticied that they don't really like to go outstide without me so maybe they didn't think it was okay unless I was there!  Or could they just have been behaving because it's mother's day? 

0 comments: