BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Finding a pot of gold?

I have something I feel I need to write about but I am actually afraid to.  You see I have lost 7 lbs. Great news right?  Only I am actually afraid to write about it because it seems like when I say that I am doing well with my eating and exercising, things go south.  But this time things seem a bit different, like maybe I found a pot of gold. That gold is an eating plan I can actually live with, but let me start from the beginning.

I had some medical things come up which led me to have a blood test. Turned out I had a hormone out of whack. I started reading up on what this meant and saw a doctor.  It seems that I have a mild form of a possible hormone imbalance that amazingly can be helped mostly by eating a certain way - low carb.  Now, I was on the wave of trying the Atkins diet back in the day when it resurfaced as all the rage and after one week I could tell that it was NOT for me.  But as I have read about and put into action this recommended eating plan I am in awe at what's possible.  I have found a way to eat less carbs than what I did before AND even still enjoy some Cafe Mocha's from Starbucks, chocolate from time to time and still eat BREAD!  I can't tell you how amazed I am by this because I have lost that 7 lbs in about 3 weeks. Every other time I have tried to curb my eating, weeks would go by I would see no results Obviously this was frustrating.

I hope I can keep it up and continue to see results.  I will try each day.  In the meantime, I am just enjoying looking at the rainbow that came with my pot of gold  :-)

0 comments: