BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Fun with the girls

I had lots activity this past weekend. First my sister drove up to visit me and finally see our house. She arrived late on Thursday so we couldn't do much that night. On Friday I was able to cut out of work early so we could head to Ikea. Since she doesn't have one anywhere near her this is always a top priority to fit in on her list of things to do. She has to check to see if they have something new she just can't find near her. Then we headed over to to the Mall and checked out the Semi-Annual Sale at Bath and Body Works. I swear we were in that store forever! We found all kinds of things we loved but tried to only get the stuff we really wanted. I was quite exicted to find Molton Brown Lotion 75% off! Molton Brown is a very high end bath products line that I was lucky enough to sample when I went on a trip to England with my family. We stayed in a castle and they provided Molton Brown Products. The shower gel alone is 28 dollars so needless to say I never buy it. BUT, since it was on clearance I couldn't pass it up. Now when I put on that lotion I can remember back to my wonderful trip to England!!

On Saturday, I had lots to do around the house because I was having a girls party. This one had a theme - a Swap Party. I read about this in a magazine so I had to try it. The idea is that everyone brings a few items (or lots) that they are tired of or maybe never even really liked. Then we lay it all out and SHOP each others items. The only rule is that you bring items only in good condition. My friends showed up with lots of stuff and it was a great time! We all agreed that one person's trash was sure another person's treasure and each person ended up with some nice "new" things. It was a really fun idea and a great thing to do when money is tight!

Today my sister didn't have lots of time before she needed to head back but we made sure to fit some shopping in at the cute shops of Geneva IL and a nice lunch out.

It was a great girls weekend!!

1 comments:

jazzi said...

I sure had a fun time last weekend. I've had several people ask me about the Swap Party, too!